You as HR Operations Manager will manage the HR operational aspects related to our HR systems, HR policies, benefits, internal & external controls, HR analytics & reporting, and you will also manage the Payroll team (2 direct reports).
Besides the frequent contact with the Antwerp based VF associates, you will have daily contact with the HR Business Partners, the different HR teams in Belgium and in our Headquarters in Switzerland, as well as with labour unions, HR systems providers, insurance companies, and the Belgian employment authorities.
Your job responsibilities
- Acquire in depth knowledge of our different HR systems: Workday, e-Blox (payroll), VF internal systems and all the links between these systems, in order to provide support and reports to HR and end users.
- Be a specialist in HR policies & procedures: set standards, communicate, follow through, evaluate and give recommendations.
- Manage the administration of compensation and benefits for Belgium, such as employee insurances, meal/eco vouchers.
- Be the person of contact for VF in case of social inspections, and collect all the necessary data.
- Collect all information for internal and external audits, including monthly Sox compliance audits.
- Be an expert in social legislation: continuous follow-up of Belgian labour law, make sure we stay compliant with current legislation and initiate actions.
- Handle general HR administration: harmonize HR documents, keep Working Regulations up-to-date, pull reports for Works Council, administer surveys, etc.
- Organize the social elections every 4 years, in close contact with management, union representatives and government bodies.
- Represent HR in the monthly safety council.
- Give support to and be a motivating People Leader for the 2 Payroll Coordinators, who handle the payroll of 750 blue and white collar associates in Belgium.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in HR or Payroll.
- You have thorough knowledge of Belgian labour legislation.
- You have a deep understanding of Microsoft Excel, and you create your own reports from scratch without any issue.
- Experience in payroll is a plus, including international, cross-border employment.
- You have an analytical mindset: good with systems and eye for detail.
- You are an excellent communicator in Dutch as well as in English (spoken and written).
- You have strong project management skills, and you are able to work independently.
- You have had your first experience as a people manager, or you are motivated and ready to take your first steps in leading a team.
- You are energetic and a real team player, ready to join the highly motivated HR People Services team in Belgium
- A formal education and subsequent Bachelor or Master’s degree in HR, Economics, Business or Management are a nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
- Knowledge of Belgian labour law, being fluent in English and Dutch mother tongue are mandatory skills for this role.
- We offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for our associates.
- A competitive salary and lots of extra-legal benefits:
- Employee insurances: company pension plan, hospitalization, invalidity, 24 hours accident insurance
- Meal and eco vouchers
- Company mobile phone
- Possibility of bicycle lease.
- Flexible working hours, and possibility to work from home (minimum 2 days per week at the office)
- 20 legal vacation days + 10 company related days.
- Employee discount of 50% on most VF brands (The North Face, Vans, Timberland, Eastpak, Kipling, …)
- Other employee discounts via Benefitsatwork
- Employee Assistance Program which offers free psychological, legal and financial advice
- On-site gym and other well-being initiatives, such as weekly padel
- Our offices “The Link” are a 10 minute walk from Berchem train station
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
This post is not eligible for relocation support